As our guest and temporary colleague, ‘Be A Zoo Keeper’ provides the unique opportunity to discover what it’s really like to work with the Flamingo Land collection.
In a day packed full of new and exciting experiences, you’ll step behind the scenes, gaining a wealth of hands-on knowledge from caring for some of our rare and exotic creatures. You’ll also discover that being a keeper isn’t for the faint hearted as you join our staff to help them complete their daily routines.
Activities may include enclosure maintenance, preparing feed and enrichment devices, plus collecting browse for the giraffes. With this in mind it’s important to come suitably dressed. The day starts at 9.30am (9:00am during winter months) and will finish in time for you to explore the Park & Zoo at your leisure. An early start you may say, but we wouldn’t want you to miss out on the best jobs of the day!
‘Be A Zoo Keeper’ is our most popular experience and we strongly recommend you book well in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Location: Please meet at Flamingo Land’s Main Reception
- Time: Summer: 9:30am to 4:00pm / Winter: 9:00am to 3:30pm
- Duration: 6 hours 30 minutes
- Exclusions: Be A Zoo Keeper is limited to 2 participants per day and is offered subject to availability. The minimum age is 8 years old and an adult must accompany all children under 12. 13 to 16 year olds may be accompanied at parental discretion. There is no charge for the accompanying adult. Available every day except Christmas Day.
- Cost: £175 for one participant, or £300 for two participants when booking together on the same date.